Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Thankfulness

Judah and I's past time :)
Silas soccer team "The Ram's"


So after I posted last, the very next day Matt came home to tell me he had lost his job. I couldn't really think clearly when he told me. It felt like it was a dream. I was upset, mad at the company,mad at Matt and God. Matt was also upset, he was very very quiet and I could tell he had felt like he let us down.(Which isn't at all true) I didn't really know how to feel after that. We did know that God was faithful to us because He also has been in the past. We knew that God would take care of us but we didn't know what direction He wanted us to go. We had a lot of friends praying for us and a lot of people helping Matt with looking for a job. One of his friends from a couple years ago that he was friends with saw on Facebook that he was looking for a job. He contacted Matt that day and then within a couple of days Matt was getting things ready for work. He was home for a week. He had lost his job on a Thursday and was back at work the very next. God is so good. Silas, Judah and I really enjoyed the extra time we got to spend with daddy. We went for walks, parks, daddy helped Silas with homework, took complete care of Judah and loved on me. It was great! Now everything is back to "normal" with Silas playing Upward Soccer which is going awesome, he scored his first goal last weekend and their team won! Judah and I started back to our routine of spending our fun time together. I'm really thankful for the job God provided Matt with again! He always does. I wanted to share one of my favorite scriptures with everyone.

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love. Romans 5 3-5

No comments: